Terms & Conditions
Payment may be made by Visa, Mastercard, check, or cash. A minimum deposit of 50% is required to process all orders. No items will be considered ordered until this deposit is received. The balance is due upon completion. This balance must be paid within 30 days, prior to shipping, or at pick-up, whichever comes first.
We do our best to estimate times based on our current production and previous experience. However, circumstances may arise which are beyond our control. Therefore, we cannot be held responsible for meeting any deadlines.
Metro’s patina finishes are applied by hand using chemical oxidation processes. We will do our best to match the patina sample shown on our patina sample board; however, finishes may or may not be mottled or textured and may vary up to 50% toward the next nearest finish and be considered acceptable.
Any items that remain in our will-call area for more than 30 days will be charged a storage fee of $2.00 per day, per item. Outstanding invoices will be charged interest at an annual rate of 18%, calculated from 30 days beyond the completion date.
We strive to maintain the highest quality standards, but occasionally an error may slip by. If this should happen, please notify us immediately, and we will exchange or repair the fixture as soon as possible. Metro will repair or replace any fixture showing any defect or faulty craft for one full year from the date of purchase. It is not our responsibility, however, to remove, transport, or install any fixture. It is the responsibility of the customer to inspect all items carefully prior to leaving the store, and again prior to installation.
- Stock items* may be returned within 7 days of purchase for a full refund, or between 8 and 30 days of purchase for a 10% restocking fee.
- Standard, made-to-order* items may be returned or exchanged within 30 days after customer has picked up the order, incurring a 10% restocking fee for standard finishes* or 30% restocking fee for special finishes*. No items may be returned after 60 days beyond completion, regardless of pick up date.
- Custom orders* and all Non-Metro fixtures* are 100% non-cancelable and non-refundable from the original date of purchase.
- NO ITEMS MAY BE RETURNED OR EXCHANGED AFTER 30 DAYS.
- Refunds will be made in the form of original payment and will be processed within 7 days.
All qualified returns must be returned in original condition and in original packaging. Please be advised that most installed fixtures are no longer in original condition. All items have been checked by Metro's staff and become the customer's responsibility after they leave the showroom. If improperly handled or repacked, fixtures may become scratched or damaged. Any returned items which require repairs of any kind will be charged to the customer based on time and materials, at a shop rate of $60.00 per hour.
* Definition of Terms
- STOCK ITEMS: Fixtures or shades that are available for purchase from our immediate inventory.
- MADE-TO-ORDER: Fixtures fabricated by Metro at our own metal shop.
- STANDARD ITEMS: Fixtures fabricated by Metro that are on permanent display at our showroom or in our catalog.
- CUSTOM ITEMS: Fixtures that vary from our showroom/catalog models in any way, or items beyond our normal inventory.
- STANDARD FINISHES: Black, Brown, or Dark Brown patinas.
- SPECIAL FINISHES: Red Brown, Silver, Natural Brass, Oxidized Brass, Blue Green, Brushed Nickel or any other plated finishes.
- NON-METRO FIXTURES: Items ordered from any of the several companies we represent (many of which are not represented in our catalog) including, but not limited to, Brass Dimensions, Collin Design Studio, Classic American Lighting, Eternity Ironworks, Fire Farm, Hurley Lantern, Johnson Art Studio, Roxanne Spring Lighting: Kindabugsya, Langdahl Studio, Lightspann Illumination Design, Lundberg Studios, Pappas Studios, Sonoma Lighting, Thomas' Restorations, and 2Thousand Degrees.